Monday, September 5, 2011

‘The Runner’s Guide to the Meaning of Life’

For fun, health and adventure, I get back to running early this year. Occasionally, I look into book for running, but hardly any attracted me. Until, later I pick up this one from the public library. However, it took me a hard three months to finish the whole book. Indeed, it is really a good book before bed time.

Ironically, at this time when I decided to review this book, I have forgotten most topics in the earlier chapters. Anyway, the topics in the later chapters were really interesting:

Family stays with you at all times. Love them. And return such love!

Have courage to be yourself.

Appreciate hard time. The uphill road is hard. Be persistent, life will be great after peak (might not be too). Why not enjoy the hill? A breath-taking hill can have the most breathtakingly beautiful scenery in life.

Parents have great hope on their children. This however, does not mean a child has to be a person that the parents want he/she to be. The journey of life, theirs can be exciting too!

(Source of book image: http://www.ambyburfoot.com)

2 comments:

  1. 忽然还决的书名有些土。看完了真有悟到生命的意义吗?eh... bo la.

    ReplyDelete
  2. only if we are able to reach the hill, otherwise it is merely an uphill battle.

    ReplyDelete